FERCSL has the objectives of fostering improved understanding and implementation of ethics review of bio-medical research in Sri Lanka.
FERCSL strives to achieve these goals through the following activities:
- Improving communication among ERCs reviewing biomedical research in the country;
- Organizing meetings and symposia;
- Stipulating Guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures for member ERCs;
- Facilitating training and educational opportunities for members of ERCs in the country; and
- Coordinating communication and responses on the subject of ethics review of biomedical research with WMA, WHO, UNESCO, CIOMS and other international organizations involved in fostering ethics review.